Joy Cowley Is Coming to America!
Find Out Where You Can Spot Her!
The beloved author of the Mrs. Wishy-Washy series is coming back to the United States to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Reading Recovery in North America! Joy will be a keynote speaker at the National Reading Recovery & K–6 Literacy Conference taking place in Columbus, Ohio during February 7–10, 2015. Also, she will be spending some time at the Hameray booth, so make sure to stop by and meet Joy if you are attending the conference.
Shared Reading? Try These!
New in our My World collection of informational texts: five big books, each introducing one of the five themes in My World! These big books (12” wide by 16” tall) are perfect for shared reading and for exposing even the youngest children to informational text features and fascinating facts about the world around them. Guided reading levels for this series ranges from A–F.
Joy Cowley's newest children's book, What Is a Book?, written specially to honor the 30th Anniversary of Reading Recovery in North America, will be launched at the National Conference.
While all conference attendees will receive a special hardcover collector's edition, a limited number will also be available to Hameray customers. Click HERE to be added to our waiting list.
Tarantulas, Coyotes, and Sharks! Oh, My!
If you liked Set 1 of the beautifully photographed Zoozoo Animal World series, you're going to love Set 2! These fun informational texts are designed to inform students about twenty animals in four different habitats: Desert, Grasslands, Mountain, and Ocean. . Guided reading levels for this series range from C–F.
Check out our literacy blog, which offers useful content, free downloads, and all the resources you need to make teaching a little easier. Some of the recent blog topics include:
Hameray will be attending the following conferences:
- Southeastern Reading Recovery & Early Literacy Conference in Myrtle Beach, SC, January 14-16, 2015
- California Kindergarten Conference in Santa Clara, CA, January 16-18, 2015
- Illinois Comprehensive Literacy and Reading Recovery Conference in Chicago, IL, January 28-30, 2015
- Region IV Head Start Association Annual Conference in Atlanta, Georgia, February 2-5, 2015
- Wisconsin State Reading Association’s Convention 2015 in Milwaukee, WI, February 4-6, 2015
- National Reading Recovery & K-6 Literacy Conference in Columbus, OH, February 7-10, 2015
- North Carolina Reading Association Conference in Raleigh, NC, March 15-17, 2015
- 59th Annual Conference 2015 Michigan Reading Association in Grand Rapids, MI, March 27-30, 2015
We hope you will come by to visit with us!